Friday 18 July 2014

30 things - Research my Family History

My interest in family history started a few years ago while I was a student. When I moved it got left behind. My files are still in England and it's harder to check the physical records from here.

With Isabella on the way, I knew I wanted to start the research again. I'm putting some files together here until I can get my older records sent over. I also have lots of resources online which I can access and build upon. First at genesreunited which is free, and ancestry which I've subscribed to because it also has access to national records.

I'm also extra lucky to have two cousins looking into two of my four main family lines who share lots of information.

Since my return to the topic, I've found out about another Isabella in our tree and that my great great great great grandfather spent time in debtors' prison!

I'm definitely going to keep digging and working on this. It's so interesting and something to pass on one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment