Thursday 31 July 2014

Memory Keeping

source
Have you ever heard of these books? I had never seen them until I was browsing in my favourite book shop here a couple of years ago.

The one above translates roughly as 'Mummy, tell me!'. You give it to your mum and she writes answers to the questions about her past and her opinions.

There's a whole range. Nico bought them for his parents a while ago and I found an English grandmother version that my gran is slowly working her way through.

Recently, I had the chance to fill one in for Isabella. Nico has the daddy version and we bought my parents the grandma and grandad books.

It's such a lovely way to find out more about your parents and grandparents and there are questions you might otherwise not think of. It really personalises the family history for future generations. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment