Wednesday 10 September 2014

Book Review

The holidays were a great opportunity to get caught up on some reading so lots to report on. Here's a round-up of some non-fiction reading I did this summer.

The Creative Habit - Twyla Tharp

I heard about this one on Elise's blog. I'm making a conscious effort to work on my creativity and thought this may help me. It took me a while to get into this one but it was an interesting read. I don't know how practical it was for me but I would recommend it to someone exploring a creative career.

The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin

This book came from an amazon recommendation. Gretchen spent a year identifying and achieving various goals in order to be happier. I really enjoyed reading about her success and found it easy to apply some of her ideas to my life. Usually, this kind of project would be right up my type- A alley with reward charts and everything but it's too big for me to take on right now. Highly recommended read.

Awareness - Anthony de Mello

This book was a gift. It really reminded me of 'The Power of Now', which I read last year. Many of the ideas made a lot of sense but the language was a little long-winded sometimes. I was told not to read it cover to cover but did it anyway which probably didn't help. I plan to read it again, bit by bit, in a few months, giving my mind more time to digest the ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment