Wednesday 17 September 2014

Robin Williams

source
Like many, I was shocked and saddened to hear of Robin Williams death this summer. Another legend gone far too soon. Growing up with classics like Mrs Doubtfire and Aladdin, I already had a great appreciation for this comic genius. As a teenager, I watched Mork and Mindy reruns and over the last few years, I became acquainted with some of his best known, more serious works, Dead Poets' Society and Good Morning Vietnam.

Since his passing, I wanted to appreciate even more of his work and just recently we have watched Patch Adams (a true story which I believe, really captures Williams' own spirit) and Good Will Hunting. I can't believe it took me so long to watch either of these.  

We will be continuing our Robin Williams season around here with his stand up DVD as soon as it is back in stock.  We only learned last year that he started out in stand up and we're really looking forward to seeing it. 

It's very sad that I'm only just discovering some of his greatness but it's also such a positive legacy that he left behind. I look forward to introducing Isabella to his films as she grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment