Thursday 13 November 2014

Clearing Out

source
While I wish I had Carrie Bradshaw's wardrobe, I don't have the space or the finances. I cleared out my wardrobe last year but have been thinking about doing it again for a long time.

I finally got around to it this week and probably got rid of about a quarter of it. Despite several previous attempts, there were things in there that I wore aged 18, and probably never again since. There were also plenty of things that didn't fit.

I tried to follow a few rules:
  • out goes anything that doesn't fit.
  • out goes anything to grubby/overwashed to wear any more.
  • out goes anything I wouldn't wear any more

I have been on a spending diet when it comes to clothes ever since I moved to Germany so many of the clothes are older and I often forget what's in there. While I'm still a way off, I plan to keep cutting down until I can wear anything I put my hand on.  

Apart from the obvious space saving and time saving, there is something very therapeutic about a clearout. I am looking forward to much more clearing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment