Thursday 12 February 2015

Reading RoundUp

Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander 2) - Diana Gabaldon

This was the second book in the Outlander time travel series and was every bit as good as the first. I was wondering how Gabaldon would keep the story new and interesting but she did it. There were new characters as well as favourites from the first book. To top it off, the ending was a brilliant cliff hanger, leaving me excited for number three.

Middlemarch - George Eliot

Another classic ticked off my 100 list. It took me a couple of attempts to get through this. I did enjoy the story but it wasn't one of my favourite classics and it didn't really stand out from some of the other classics of that time.

Death on Safari - Jessica Hill

This was an e-book I picked up because it's written by an old school friend. That probably made me read it with an extra critical eye but actually, I soon forgot who the author was and was pulled in to a thrilling whodunnit. The story had me guessing until the end. It was a light, interesting read that I would really recommend.

Next up Ulysses and the final book in the latest Ken Follett trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment