Wednesday 15 April 2015

Book Review

Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame

I read this as a child but could barely remember it and as it was on the classics list, I decided to read it again anyway.

It's quite a sweet little tale full of morals. It really took me back to childhood but I'm not sure how I got to grips with that vocabulary at that age.

Winter of the World - Ken Follett

The final part of the trilogy. I was sooo looking forward to this one and it didn't disappoint. Again, it was history I have studied but brought to life in a whole new way. Fantastic! And highly recommended.

Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad

Before embarking upon my classics adventure, I had never heard of this one.

It's the story of an old sailor's former foreign adventures. It was easy reading and not too long but I can see why it's not so well known.

No comments:

Post a Comment