Friday 8 May 2015

The Election

Both of my countries are in election fever right now. I am not voting because I'm not eligible here in Germany and I haven't set up postal voting for the UK. I don't even know if it's possible from abroad. I'm a big believer that voting is important but it also seems a little hypocritical to vote for politics which, for the most part, won't apply to me.

It seems that there has been much change in the UK overnight with labour and lib dems losing out big time, especially for Ed Balls in my home town, which has a long labour history.

My social media is full of criticism of the results, so full that I wonder who voted for the conservatives at all. With a turn out of around 65% though, it's safe to say that those who stayed away from the polls could have made a huge difference so they shouldn't complain now.


No comments:

Post a Comment