Wednesday 15 July 2015

30 things - Play a song on the guitar.

We're a little way past my birthday now but I wanted to revisit my list and see what I could achieve at 30.

This week I learned some basic chords for a song on the guitar using this video:

I find the instructions really clear and it was nice to play along to a real song at the end already.

I learned a couple of things- playing the guitar is harder than it looks! I always thought my fingers were pretty flexible thanks to years of playing the piano but I'm still trying to change chords quicker.

Also it's really hard on the finger tips! Nico has given me his old guitar to practice with, with better strings but my fingers were still numb for a while after practice.

It was a fun experience though and good brain training for sure.

I'll be sticking to the piano for the most part but I'm hoping to learn a bit more basic guitar too.

No comments:

Post a Comment