Thursday 9 July 2015

Favourite Children's Books

Having such a bookworm for a mother, it was inevitable that Isabella would quickly be kitted out with her own little library, in fact, books were one of the first and few things we bought early in my pregnancy.

We had a time of trying to read at bedtime but she's only just at an age to start showing an interest. It's something I want to try again in the holidays.

Nico and I both bought fairytale collections in our own languages but there were also some specific favourites we wanted her to have.

Peepo

This one was a big favourite in our house growing up and one that Isabella likes to point at already.

Grandma bought this one for Isabella and her cousins before we were even pregnant!

I love Janet and Allan Ahlberg books. Isabella also inherited this from her cousin.

Guess How Much I Love You

We bought this for Isabella's birthday. I don't think I had it as a child but I'd heard of it and love the story.

Lieselotte's Bauernhof (Lieselotte's Farm)

This is Isabella's favourite at the moment. It was a gift from Nico's grandmother and we keep it downstairs.

I really think she recognises animals and things from the farm. She loves animals and when I look at the book with her I like to relate it to what she knows.

So those are our three favourites at the moment. I can't wait to start the bedtime story routine again and experience books for the first time with Isabella.

P.S. A post from Rachel on children's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment