Friday 17 July 2015

Running

Whenever I set myself fitness goals, I don't tend to write about it much.  Mainly because I don't often achieve the goal (see the last few months of goals - it's always the one that's not done).

I guess my excuse since pregnancy and Isabella's birth has been my colitis.  I always manage to talk myself out of doing something for myself - either I have no time, or I've just eaten or I'm tired.

Well, I don't want to speak up too soon but so far this month, things are going well.  The first week of July, I put my sport kit on for the first time since before I found out I was pregnant and ran a quick circuit around our village.

Since then I have managed to keep it up to twice a week.  Since the weather is so hot right now and we have been very busy, I have been running on an evening before we go to bed and after Isabella is in bed.  I'm working on my stamina but so far I feel great.

I've decided a couple of things for myself.  Firstly, it actually helps me to write these things down.  I write my to do lists in my Get to Work Book now and at least while it is still new, I'm so inspired not to leave anything unticked that I just have to go for the run.  Also, sharing things on here is less embarrassing when I actually can say that I did it.

So far I'm on track for July and planning to build up to three runs a week in August before working on my distance.  I'll be letting you know how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment