Monday 10 August 2015

Make It Monday - Denim Dress

After six months on my to do list, I finally finished this Wiksten dress this week.

I purposely made it quite plain because I still see myself as a beginner - especially when it comes to clothes - and I didn't trust myself to use anything with a strong pattern. I also made it in the largest size so it's a little baggy but warm, and perfect for autumn and winter. I plan to dress it up with some bright accessories and that's why denim is so good - it goes with any colour.

There were lots of new techniques involved - basting stitches (by hand and machine), setting sleeves and adding the collar. It's not perfect but for a first dress it went way better than I thought.

The pattern is really well explained and easy to follow despite the new techniques and I would definitely order there again.

For now I have a couple of easier projects lined up before another new dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment