Monday 24 August 2015

Make It Monday - Dream Catcher

Looking for a new project a few weeks ago, I came across this. I thought it made a nice change from knitting and sewing and would brighten up Isabella's room.

The longest part was actually finding the materials. I had a bit of ribbon but ordered some nice colourful ones from my usual online supplier. The ring I had lying around from a previous project. I've never used beads before but I bought those from Idee when we were in Bremen last week.

The ribbon was the hardest bit as I didn't want to staple them and wasn't patient enough to wait for glue to dry. I tied them at the bottom of the ring, weaved them around the ring and each other and tied them back off at the bottom.

I left the ribbon long for the beads but they were too thick to thread through so I dug out some matching wool and used that. I actually prefer the effect with the mix of ribbon and wool.

Isabella spotted the dream catcher immediately and still points to it a lot. It matches her room really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment