Thursday 10 September 2015

Isabella's First Day at Nursery

Just writing the title to this blog post made me shiver so I am sure you can imagine how I felt yesterday at work while our little baby had her first day at nursery.

Granddad is staying with us at the moment to accompany her to nursery until she gets settled in so she's not alone but after a year of one or the other of us being at home the whole time it was definitely a funny feeling.

She is so social that we weren't too worried about how she would mix.  She's had taster days and been around other children at playgroup and she loved both.

We rushed home from work for an update yesterday and of course, all had gone well.  For her first day, Isabella had breakfast with a classmate and then her main carer spent some one on one time playing with her while the other carers took the rest of the group to play.  Isabella really enjoyed it.  She was there for a little over an hour and then slept all the way home.

She'll go a little bit longer each day and mix more and more with the group.  Granddad will be here for a while and then he'll start to leave her more and more until she is completely settled.

Going back to work has been a huge change of pace for us and Isabella's integration is a key part of our new routine.  One thing I notice already is how much I miss her and how much I appreciate the evenings and weekends with her.

While I know she misses us, she is also settling quickly with other people which is an important part of her development so I am glad that it's going so well for her.  I'm so excited to watch her grow and learn new things in this new environment for the next two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment