Tuesday 27 October 2015

Handmade Craft Fair


This weekend was the annual Handmade Craft Fair in Delmenhorst. It takes place in a big repurposed mill space.

Nico had spotted the signs and looked it up and it also proved a good opportunity to try out the new car seat with Isabella.

There were various workshops and a quilt exhibition which was pretty fascinating but the highlight for me was the stalls.

Most of the crafts were sewing or knitting related which is perfect for me. I was fairly overwhelmed but given that I haven't won the lottery lately I had to hold back a bit.

In the end I came away with two new projects - a little santa doll and a girl's top for Isabella's Christmas present. I'm really looking forward to getting started.

Another huge bonus was the list of stores who were there and their online shops so I can order from new suppliers in future.

It was also great to see so many crafters under one roof - the place was packed and some of the stores were selling out fast.

It was wonderful to be out and about as a family. Isabella got used to her car seat but we forgot her buggy. Luckily she loved walking around and running away from us. We also had coffee and cake. She sat on a big chair, shared our cake and slurped a bottle of apple juice like a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment