Saturday 3 October 2015

The Saturday Update

This is the first week where the change of seasons has been really clear. Cold foggy mornings and warm, sunny afternoons. Pumpkins everywhere. Autumn is here.

We had a good start to the week but then Isabella and Nico both got sick. Our baby has croup but after the first night and some medicine she's improving. It's so hard seeing her struggle and cough but I know she has to go through it.

Work has been busy but good. We finished the EDL celebrations on a high and year ten finished for work experience. Hopefully that will see things calm down a bit up to the holidays.

On Tuesday I went to a children's dental health seminar at the football club. It was interesting but it's hard work getting Isabella to cooperate while she's too young to get it.

Wednesday was parents evening at Isabella's nursery. It was nice to meet the others and hear what's going on there. I volunteered to be a parent rep. Hopefully I haven't bitten off more than I can chew but I'm looking forward to it so far. The first big event is a lantern walk in November. It's normal here in Germany but will be a first for both her and me.

Today we have friends visiting who we haven't seen for ages and as it's bank holiday weekend we're heading out to a local event tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment