Thursday 5 November 2015

Crash

source
I watched this film today. It's been in our collection for  while because I'm trying to watch all the films which have won a best film oscar.

Despite it's award, I hadn't heard much about this film but I soon saw why it had won.

It's a film that weaves lots of different stories and characters together around the topic of racism. It takes many points of view and looks at many aspects and types of racism, blowing the traditional black vs white idea out of the water.

It's full of twists and turns that keep surprising you. The characters are complex too - one minute you're totally on their side and the next, totally against them.

It's very thought provoking - I'd love to watch and discuss it with a class one day. It's one I'm going to be thinking about for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment