Tuesday 26 January 2016

Reading Review

The Woman in White

The latest from the classics list, I read this one for free through the Kindle app.

It's an older story, set in the 1800s but it was unlike any other I have read. It's a crime novel told from the points of view of several different characters.

I feel like it was almost ahead of its time in how it was written, but the content fits to the time and it kept me guessing until the end.

The Little Prince

Another from the BBC list, I was quite looking forward to this one. It's a children's book and was a quick read. It's a nice little story of a prince who comes to Earth and passes on some of his life lessons.

I did find it sweet and amusing but I also found myself wondering how children were supposed to understand it. I think it's linked to the fact that it was written in 1945.

I'm saving it for when Isabella is older.

The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

I read about this one through one of the blogs I read and bought it for my mum and me. It was another quick read and very interesting.

The book introduces a principle and is therefore less practical than I expected. However, I did like the theory. It's based around keeping things that 'spark joy' and getting rid of the rest. I would love to do this but I can't afford to replace so many things - the clothes that spark joy in me would not last until wash day.

When I'm out of debt I will be revisiting this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment