Friday 11 March 2016

Reading Review

Buried - Jussi Adler Olsen

The latest in one of my favourite series certainly did not disappoint.

This one is based around a criminal gang operating around Copenhagen and has links to Africa. It's a whole different story to the previous ones in the series and really kept me guessing.

The regular characters were also back. I love how they are a continuous thread through the series but also each have their own little twists and turns in each book.

Looking forward to the next Department Q installment later in the year.

The Enemy - Lee Child

This was my first Lee Child's book and if I understood correctly, it's the first Jack Reacher book, chronologically. It's based in the nineties which was interesting because we're so used to crime novels using technology to get their guy and that was limited here.

I really enjoyed the story and it was another one that really kept me guessing. I'm looking forward to reading more Lee Child.

The Alchemaster's Apprentice - Walter Moers

This is the fourth book I've read from Moers and I can never get over what an amazing job the translator does. The language is so clever and complex that it's difficult to believe it wasn't written in English.

This time, the story is based around a cat, or a crat (a cat that can speak any language) and his adventures in Zamonia.

The illustrations really bring the story to life. It feels like a children's book because of the fantastical ideas but there's so much darkness and adult humor that it's quite clearly not for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment