Wednesday 13 July 2016

Reading Review

Colour of Magic - Terry Pratchett

I had never read Terry Pratchett before this and Nico bought me this one (Pratchett's first novel), for my birthday. I really enjoyed it and wish I'd been able to read it when it was written as I feel he was ahead of his time.

It's a really fun fantastical read that took a while to get into but then had me gripped. The creativity of Discworld and the humour reminded me a bit of Walter Moers. I'm looking forward to reading more Discworld.

Metro 2033 - Dmitry Glukhovsky

This was another gift from Nico as he read the German translation (the original is in Russian), and loved it.

It's based in the Moscow metro system in 2033 after World War 3 which forced the survivors underground.

This one also took me a while to get into but I think that was because of the translation. Once I got used to that though, it was a very interesting read. It explores different political views but without taking away from the adventure story and by the end I couldn't but it down.

The Mum - A ladybird book

This was a gift from my mum. It's part of a new range from Ladybird books.

It's really funny, a bit of light hearted entertainment and makes a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment