Wednesday 20 July 2016

Reading Review

The Patriot Threat - Steve Berry

The latest from Steve Berry didn't disappoint. It's focused on American politics and history again but is partly set in Europe and brings Asia into the scenario which I liked.

It's a page turner and an action packed read. I like that there is an ongoing story and regular characters.

Super Cannes - J.G. Ballard

I'm not entirely sure where this one came from but I read it recently. It's not the kind of thriller I usually go for - a bit too modern and sterile but it was an interesting concept and once I got into it, I was keen to find out who did it.

Last Rituals - Yrsa Sigurdardottir

This was a new Icelandic author for me. Dad left this one after his last visit. It was a brilliant read. It's an exciting, twisting story about a lawyer and P.I.'s investigation into the gruesome murder of a German student in Iceland.

I'm looking forward to more from this writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment