Wednesday 10 August 2016

House Plants

 At the end of the holidays, I made a list of all the things that were starting to annoy me around the house. I spent the last days of the holidays sorting some of them out and then last week I got around to this one - revitalising our house plants.

I'm not very good with house plants. Above you can see what a state the hardy survivors had gotten into. I took the time to replant them, top up the soil, prune them and give them a good watering. Then we bought three new ones and rearranged them around the house.

It's definitely brought a new freshness into the home and I love the greenery. I'm planning to keep a better eye on them now that I will be spending more time at home.

My favourite is the one below. Nico's mum bought it for us when we moved in and it's gone wild in the kitchen but the window sill was getting full and I wanted somewhere to show off the length. This is it on our wardrobe after I gave it a trim!

No comments:

Post a Comment