Tuesday 23 August 2016

Spanish learning tools

This week I started tutoring and it really made me realise how easy it is to let knowledge go.  I practise Spanish every day both at work and at home but my level is sorely lacking and I'm going to be working on that a lot over the next weeks.

I think I shared a post similar to this earlier in the year but my experience shows it doesn't hurt to have another look.

This is a site I use for all my languages every day - it's best for beginners though.  I need to stretch myself more in Spanish and German.

For reading, it's always great to look at current news articles as the context is usually already there and it normally involves new vocabulary in some way.

This school site has activities for all levels.  I can use some with classes and do the higher ones myself.

Here are some great videos, also at different levels that are great for honing those listening skills.  I already passed this tip on to my tutee.

The good old beeb also has a wide range of activities plus access to Spanish radio channels.

And of course, if you have the money, the good old fashioned book or film can be found here.  Here are some of my favourites:

Books:
Como agua para chocolate
El mar adentro
Diarios de motocicleta
La sombra del viento

Films:
Volver
El mar adentro
El laberinto del fauno
Diarios de motocicleta

No comments:

Post a Comment