Tuesday 13 September 2016

Cold Feet

I recently read that Cold Feet is returning to televisions in the UK and used the opportunity to introduce Nico to the show.  What a blast from the past!  It's so long ago that I needed a reminder of some of the storylines.  You can get them here.

I hadn't realise that the series were so short - we're already through the first two.

What surprised me the most was how dated they feel.  The storylines are good - they tend to have a theme for each episode and then look at how the three couples handle that theme.  It seemed strange to see them with no mobile phones for example, cabel television is a big thing for them and the whole family / work balance seems somewhat old fashioned too.

What I'm really enjoying though, is the scenery.  Spotting areas of Manchester that take me right back to my time at university.  So many shows are set in London these days, it was great to see something up north!  The bonus highlight was seeing Lindesfarne at the end of series two, having just been there this summer.

It's well worth a watch and we'll be sticking with it.  Looking forward to seeing how they have updated it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment