Tuesday 20 September 2016

My Brilliant Friend - Elena Ferrante

This was a surprise gift from Nico. I'd never heard of this author but it was a really good read. It tells the story of a friendship between two girls growing up in Italy. I really enjoyed it and it left me wanting more - which is good as the series continues.

It's very descriptve and has a huge variety of interesting characters. It pulled me straight in.

Gulliver in Lilliput - Lavinia Derwent

Among some of my Gran's things was this little treasure. It's quite an old book, which I love but was clearly written for children at the time. The illustrations are lovely and it's an easy to read version of Jonathon Swift's novel.

The Magician's Nephew - C.S.Lewis

I started rereading the Chronicles of Narnia this week. I love these books and they're easier to carry around than the next books I have lined up for maternity leave.

I loved these books as a child and they don't lose their magic with age. I especially like this one because it sets up the series and explains a lot of the history of Narnia. Of course it's also a story in its own right which is a fun adventure too.

No comments:

Post a Comment