Thursday 6 October 2016

The dentist!

Today was Isabella's second trip to the dentist.

She came with me a year ago after a friend recommended taking her along to get used to the dentist. She screamed the place down...

This year, hoping she'd forgotten last time, hoping all the staff had forgotten last time, and hoping she may be old enough to participate, I booked a family appointment. At least if she kicked off while one of us was in the chair, the other could take over. Nonetheless I've been having sleepless nights. And...

...it went better! She played nicely in the waiting room. I went first and she sat on Nico's knee while he explained everything to her. Then we swapped. In the end, she didn't want her own go in the big chair but she doesn't have to until next year and I'm just glad she didn't get upset this time.

I'm glad we tried again and it went well. In future, we'll be sticking to family appointments. I hope it goes even better next year and the dentist gets to check her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment