Thursday 3 November 2016

Reading Review

What Katy Did - Susan Coolidge

This is a classic that was given to me as a gift when I was a child. I must have read it at the time but it's so long ago, it may as well have been completely new to me.

It follows the story of twelve year old Katy Carr in 1860s America. She's the eldest of several children and is learning several life lessons. It's a good read as an adult but I think even better as an older child.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S.Lewis

One of my absolute favourites. I continued the Narnia series and I was surprised how short this book was. It's such a sweet story of friendship and bravery and I always enjoy it. Looking forward to continuing the series.

The Calm Birth School - Suzy Ashworth

A former school friend who is now a midwife recommended this to me. I'd read a lot of rave reviews about hypnobirthing and wanted to understand it more to see if it may be something for the upcoming birth.

It was a really interesting read and I'm still mulling things over. I think the concepts can be really useful but I think it's something you have to be 100% committed to and I'm not sure I can be but I'm going to read it again and try some of the techniques.

A lot of the theory is about taking the fear out of the birth process but having been through it once, a lot of the fear is already gone as I have a better idea of what to expect. Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment