Wednesday 15 February 2017

Reading Review

Gullivers' Travels - Jonathan Swift

This is another 'children's classic' I recently revisited and I honestly can't see how children can follow this narrative with its complex language.

I do like the story though. I only really remembered the first half of the story, in Lilliput so it was like a new book. It's very imaginative, especially for the time in which it was written.

Along Came a Spider - James Patterson

Nico bought this book for me having read it in German and loved it. I loved it too. It follows  detective investigating the kidnapping of two high profile children.

It's a real page turner with short chapters and told from different points of view. It kept me guessing until the end and I'm really looking forward to the next one!

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - C.S.Lewis

Carrying on with this series, I read the fifth and I loved it as much as the others. These are real kids books that can also be enjoyed by adults.

This was the story of an adventure by sea. Caspian is searching for seven missing lords. Some of the same characters are there and they discover new magical lands in Narnia. As usual, there are some morals in there.

Looking forward to continue with this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment