Wednesday 26 April 2017

Reading Review

Citadel - Kate Mosse

This was a re-read from my collection and I actually mistook it for the first of the trilogy rather than the third but it still works well as a stand alone book.

It follows a group of friends who join the resistance during World War Two in Carasonne. It's packed with action and strong characters as well as a dose of European history.

A really enjoyable read and I'll be reading the first of the trilogy again soon.

The Unmumsy Mum Diary - Sarah Turner

Just like the first book, I devoured this in under two days. In the emotional and hormonal turmoil that is motherhood, Turner's writing is a real beacon of light. An excellent reminder that all mothers have it hard at times but with a real comedy twist. I found myself laughing out loud more than I have in a long time.

Dissolution - C.J.Sansom

Nico bought this one for my birthday having read and enjoyed it himself. Previously I had read and loved Winter in Madrid by this author but didn't realise he did Tudor fiction too.

This is the first in a series of novels following a character called Shardlake. Here he is sent by Cromwell to investigate a murder at a monastary. It's full of interesting twists and characters. The end was a real surprise and as usual I loved learning something new of history.

Looking forward to following this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment