Tuesday 6 June 2017

Reading Review

Labyrinth - Kate Mosse

Having recently picked up the third in this trilogy, I wanted to go back and start again. This book tells the stories of Alice, working on a dig in the South of France and Alaïs, a soldier's wife in medieval Carcasonne. Their lives are intricately linked.

I really enjoyed rereading this one. I love historical fiction and the story and characters are really gripping.

Peter Pan - J.M.Barrie

Another of my children's classics, this one really opened my eyes to what Disney can do to a story. I hadn't realised how different the original story was and in places ir's quite dark and, especially for a child, difficult to read.

The Steps up the Chimney - William Corlett

I honestly don't remember where this book came from and have no recollection of reading it as a child, though I must have.

It is about three siblings who spend Christmas with their uncle on the English-Welsh border and discover some magical secrets of the old house he is renovating.

I enjoyed the story but it is the first in a series of four and really leaves the reader hanging. I felt like I was just getting into the story when it ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment