Thursday 7 September 2017

Reading Review

Death of a Blue Movie Star - Jeffrey Deaver

This was among a collection of over two hundred books I picked up for free on the classifieds.

It's not really what I expected from this author but I think it came before his more well known novels.

It's a good, easy read, crime novel following a wannabe film producer who is tracking down a serial killer. It has the usual mix of suspense, twists, and interesting characters.

Tom Brown's School Days - Thomas Hughes

Another of my children's classics, this one took a long time to get into. It follows (as the title suggests), Tom Brown's adventures during his school years.

There are some good parts - tales of fights and friendships and some terrible bits - a much too long description of an early rugby game.

The book is basically written as a 'Guide to Life' for Victorian schoolboys so I was never going to be 100% happy with the read but it wasn't all bad and I'm glad it's off the list.

Talk before Sleep - Elizabeth Berg

Another of the 200+ collection, this book was a much more feminine read. It follows the heartbreaking story of a woman supporting her best friend through the final stages of terminal cancer. It looks back on their open and honest friendship.

I devoured it in three sittings and loved it despite the depressing content. It was a story of true friends, I'm glad I came across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment