Wednesday 15 November 2017

Reading Review

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain

The last of my children's classics, this one took a while to get into but once I did, I really enjoyed it. It tells the story of Huck Finn and his friend, the runaway slave Jim as they sail down the Mississippi. The language is difficult at times but fits the story.

Nothing to Lose - Lee Child

This was a nice, easy read to break up the classics. Unlike the last Jack Reacher, this one kept me guessing. The books do follow the same pattern, Jack Reacher on the road, gets dragged in to a case, sleeps with a local, solves the mystery, moves on. I personally preferred the first ones with more history and personality involved but the books are fun to read anyway.

The 158-pound marriage - John Irving

I came across this book in the 200+ free collection from the classifieds. I knew and liked the author already from Owen Meany.

The novel is the story of two couples who indulge in some partner swapping. It follows the relationship and looks back on the histories of the main characters too.

I found the histories and the psychological side of this story really interesting. The characters were engaging and the book left me wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment