Monday 8 January 2018

Make it Monday - Fimo Photo Holders

One of my crafty Christmas gifts was a Fimo set from Nico. It's a bit like play dough for adults and it's surprisingly fiddly. Photo holders were the perfect beginners project for me. I made one for each of the family.

First, you have to work the Fimo. You can mix colours but I didn't try that this time. Then you form the shapes - this bit is harder than it looks. You bake the finished product for half an hour and once it's cooled, you can varnish it.

I love the colours and am looking forward to seeing these in use. I did learn the hard way that you have to consider designs carefully - the smiley won't stand up by itself!

The possibilities are endless - you can make ornaments, jewellery, all sorts. I'm looking forward to experimenting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment