Saturday 27 January 2018

The Saturday Update

What a week! I never learn not to plan too much or expect too much from the last quiet week before work kicks off. I had wanted to continue my big clean this week and get all my paperwork prepared before I start my main job on Monday.

We'd had a great weekend in Schneverdingen, Joshua got his new shoes and so did I and despite a lack of sleep, we all enjoyed brunch on Sunday.

Then the kids got sick. Both came down with conjunctivitis on Monday. Isabella was home for two and a half days and Joshua for four. On top of that Nico had an accident mid-week which led to a trip to A&E. Luckily he is okay with 'just' stitches. It never rains but it pours!

As for me, despite my original plans going to pot, I did acheive a fair bit: I made solid and liquid soap, sorted my health insurance and benefits, prepared and picked up a key for my new job, spoke to the finance department, taught Kindergarten and a new tutoring student, took part in a working group at Kindergarten and enjoyed a sauna with friends. Not bad for a last week of freedom with a poorly family! And I managed to stick to Paleo, losing a third kilo in just a week and a half.

We're enjoying a quiet weekend before a short working week.

No comments:

Post a Comment