Thursday 8 March 2018

Reading Review - Kids edition!

My reading has slowed down a little at the moment and I'm good with that.  This month I thought I would share with you some of the reading I've been doing with Isabella.  She's now three and a half so we read to her and I try to be consistant in reading English while Nico reads in German.

The BFG - Roald Dahl

We've been reading this since my Mum came to visit before Christmas.  I try to do a chapter each time but sometimes we mix it up.  I was a little unsure if she was ready for such a long book but she really enjoys it, she is excited to find out what happens next and she tells her own stories with giants and the Queen!  I love Roald Dahl and I would definitely recommend reading this.

The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes - Mark Pett and Gary Rubenstein

This one was recommended as a good book to read to girls.  I think it's a good message for boys too to be honest.  I'm not sure she totally grasps the message yet but she does enjoy this one and along with Tiger in a Tutu, she's enjoying it just for the story right now.

Green Eggs and Ham - Dr Seuss

Isabella has three Dr Seuss books and we love reading all of them but I think this is her favourite right now.  The words and rhyme are amazing and I love that Isabella's learning English through such a talented author.

No comments:

Post a Comment