Thursday 7 June 2018

Reading Review

Those who leave and those who stay - Elena Ferrante

Nico bought me the third instalment of this series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't as exciting and easy to read as the first two but I enjoyed it on a different level because it follows the protaganist in the stage of life that I see myself in right now - that of early marriage and having children. 

I can't explain how this series affects me but I highly recommend it for readers of my demographic. Looking forward to the next one.

The Bat- Jo Nesbo

This one took me a loong time to get into.  I enjoyed it once it picked up the pace but for me it was trying too hard to be clever. I'd still like to try more from this author in the hope that he improves.

The Physicists - Friedrich Dürrenmatt

I recently reread this German classic to help one of my students. It's a strange German comedy play written in the sixties about a series of murders in a sanatorium. It's full of twists and laugh out loud moments but it's also terribly dated and I'm feeling older all the time since my eighteen-year-old tutee does not appreiate the humour!

No comments:

Post a Comment