Saturday 23 June 2018

The Saturday Update

What a mad week! We slept until 9:30 this morning and it was much needed!

Last weekend we celebrated the English Father's Day by taking my two favourite fathers out for brunch and then Dad and I took the kids swimming which was great fun.  Joshua especially loved the kids' slide.

Monday was Isabella's birthday.  We were up early to open presents.  She went to Kindergarten while we got the house ready and baked all morning.  In the afternoon family and twenty of her friends with some parents came over.  Luckily the weather stayed fine and we could hold the party in the garden.  She was thoroughly spoilt.  Family stayed a bit longer and she stayed up later than usual.

I had work on Tuesday but we kept the kids off to spend the day with Dad before he flew back to England on Wednesday (taking the nice weather with him).

Wednesday was another work day and in the evening I caught up with my old class in Bremen at there prom.  It was a fun evening with dancing and awards.  It was very emotional thinking about when they walked into school almost six years ago and comparing those little children with the young adults they have grown into.

I had the morning off for a check up at the doctor which went well and then I worked in the afternoon.  It's definitely time for the holidays.

Yesterday I took Isabella back to school after breakfast with a friend to see the leavers' presentation and then we had a couple of friends over spontaneously for coffee and cake.  It was so nice to catch up and very emotional handing out reports on the last day of school.

This weekend is quiet before the last week of work and flying back to England for my sister's hen do!

No comments:

Post a Comment