Thursday 9 August 2018

Reading Review

Simple Genius - David Baldacci

An older murder mystery with links to the CIA, WW2 and code breaking, I quite enjoyed this novel. It wasn't extremely unique but it did keep me guessing.

Two private detectives travel to a research facility in order to investigate a death which has otherwise been ruled suicide. I liked the historical link and the odd twist in there.

Midwives - Chris Bohjalian

Another novel from my free 200 collection, this one was very different. It told the story of a midwife who faced a manslaughter trial in the 70s and is told from the point of view of her teenage daughter.

This one was a real page turner, very emotional, and it had a few twists in there. I liked the depth to this story and the character development.

The Man from St.Petersburg - Ken Follett

I love Ken Follett even though his early works don't live up to his more recentcontributions.

This story was set in the run up to the First World War and follows the attempts of a Russian anarchist to prevent his country being dragged into the war.

There are many complications and twists and I really enjoyed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment