Thursday 6 September 2018

40 things - learn to play backgammon

The advantage of having a bit more time on my hands right now, is that I remembered my forty things list and managed to tick one off much quicker than I thought.

I've learned games as part of my goals before - chess, poker,...  This was by far the easiest, which I didn't expect.  Chess I can still play because I learned it as a child, poker I forget the different hands every time.  With backgammon, I think it will be something that will stay with me, especially if I keep up the practice.

First, I read through the guide on wikipedia and then I downloaded a free app and got practising.  Hopefully, Nico will try a game with me at some point.  I really enjoy trying these more traditional, thinking games, and the colder seasons are coming where we will have more time for something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment