Wednesday 12 September 2018

Reading Review

The Mirror World - Gavin Extence

I came across this in Scarborough. It tells the story of a women suffering from manic depression. It's fiction and there were some funny and sweet moments, as well as a good ending but parts were also a bit depressing too.

The Saint meets the tiger - Leslie Charteris

From the huge 200+ book collection, I finally dug out the very first Saint novel. I do like the stories in this series and this one really kept me guessing but the language and how it's written are a real challenge and it took me much longer than it should have to wade through this.

Turning Thirty - Mike Gayle

Another from the 200+, I really enjoyed this one. It's fairly modern and follows Matt on the approach to his 30th birthday as he evaluates his life. 

There were lots of good characters, fun moments and twists. I'd like to read more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment