Saturday 22 September 2018

The Saturday Update

FINALLY, I can share with you that I started my new job this week!  There were more highs and lows and tears and smiles but I finally signed the contract on Thursday and had my first day at school yesterday.  I've got a bit of catching up and settling in to do but so far I love it.  The kids are nice, especially my German course, and so are the colleagues.  Really happy about this new stage.

In other news, the kids have been off all week.  Joshua has Hand-Foot-Mouth as it is going round at nursery.  He's slept more and needed more cuddles but otherwise he's done really well.  They had a couple of trips out - Bremen for my contract and a walk to the lake with Nico while I worked.

Isabella had a good dentist visit and a friend's birthday party this week.  Her behaviour has been up and down but I think it was improved for us having a bit more family time.  It was nice to have that before finally getting back to work and I'm really looking forward to more of the same in the holidays.

Autumn is definitely here and I'm feeling the change of seasons in many ways.  I'll be sharing more on that this week.  For now, it's a quiet weekend for us before a full work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment