Monday 19 November 2018

Make it Monday - Salt-dough Christmas Decorations

 This week I promised myself I would do more with the kids so we started our Christmas projects and made these decorations over two nights.
 On the first evening I made the dough from 2 cups of plain flour, 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of water. It was very easy. Isabella loved making her own shapes. Joshua got confused between playdough and cookies but managed a few shapes too, with guidance.
 Once we had baked them a few times in the oven and let them cool, they were ready to paint.
 I let them loose with my Gonis acrylic paints and again, Isabella loved it. Joshua hated it. He liked the idea but preferred using his hands over the brush and just wanted to run around with paint everywhere. He managed a few designs though.
It took a lot of self-control to let the kids get creative and paint how they wanted but I love that we have some real keepsakes here. I would definitely recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment