Wednesday 7 November 2018

My not-to-do list

Last week, I was reading an article on the internet when I stumbled upon this concept.  I am absolutely obsessed with my to-do list, to the point of annoying everyone around me and at first I was far from convinced that this idea of having a list of things I don't do was something for me.  Then I realised that it is something I do anyway!  Here's my list:
  • Ironing - I haven't ironed since I moved to Germany.  The working dress code is much less formal and I don't find the need. 
  • Wearing make up - ten years ago, I would not have left the house without at least mascara, now I can count on one hand the occasions on which I have worn make up this year - a hen do, two weddings and two date nights.  It simply saves me time on a morning and I find my skin benefits from it too.
  • Taking my phone into the bedroom - since the start of 2018 I have consciously left my phone downstairs when I go to bed and opted to read instead.  It has improved the speed at which I fall asleep and the length and quality of my sleep (according to my fitbit).
  • Waiting - life is short.  All too often I hear from friends who have a set life plan.  While my life has been fairly traditional so far, I'm glad I didn't wait to find the perfect house or get out of debt before starting a family.  Who knows how long it may have taken and how things may have turned out differently.
  • Gossip - I do my best on this one.  Especially with new friends and social groups, I find it important to listen more than I speak, watch what I say, look forward more than backwards and above all give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment