Thursday 6 December 2018

Nikolaus

Yet another German celebration that is so much more fun with kids.

This morning we got the kids up early to find their shoes filled with gifts - books and chocolate from us, toys and chocolate from Oma and Opa.  They both loved it.

At Kindergarten it had been a big deal to leave out a shoe under the Christmas tree yesterday and they were filled with some healthy snacks - satsuma, peanuts and a little bit of chocolate.  

Even Joshua had a satsuma and chocolate in his slipper.

At work, Nikolaus had left chocolates and a candle on the desks and a chocolate in the pigeon holes.

It is such a sweet tradition and I love it. In the evening, some children go door to door to sing for sweets - kind of a cross between Halloween and Christmas caroling.

This year I am a bit late getting to grips with Christmas.  I haven't started my shopping, made my cards or put up my decorations so I'm hoping to get a bit more into the spirit at the weekend and I am planning to get ahead of the game next year (but I seem to remember saying that last year too).

No comments:

Post a Comment