Wednesday 1 September 2010

All systems go!

As you might have noticed, things have been quiet on here lately and this is because I have finally started work!!  I started last Monday and haven't stopped since.  The school has been more hectic than I thought and the younger classes are especially tiring.  It's not that they are naughty as such, (though I have broken up three fights already) but they are very loud. 


My School

I have had some great moments too though - had my first ever light bulb moment with year six learning the present progressive!  The same group also invited me to their music lesson where I watched their performance of Pink Floyd, Brick in the Wall which was brilliant.

The staff are really lovely on the whole and have been so helpful.  It's tough getting used to the differences because half the time, I don't realise there's something I haven't found out yet.  The whole system is different.  Here, the classes stay in the classrooms and the teachers move around.  Each class has a class book that you have to write EVERYTHING in.  A lot of the kids come from difficult backgrounds so we're not supposed to push them to hard but English is pushed as one of the compulsory subjects and the kids are very good at it.  Whether it's a better attitude or the access they have to the language, I don't know.

I'll write again soon but it's getting late and my crazy timetable means I have to get up at six to start at eight Wed - Fri.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment