Thursday 31 March 2011

Tractor Time

Another thing I have crossed off my 30 things list and still not blogged about, is my tractor driving experience.  Nico's grandparents own a farm in the countryside between Bremen and Hamburg.  On my very first visit there, they were kind enough to let me try driving one!  



I admit I was absolutely terrified.  Essentially it's the same as driving a car in the mechanics but it's on such a big, scary scale!  Nico's poor brother was charged with instructing me and keeping control should I lose it!  Although my German is ever improving, my brain chose this point to shut down in fear so I nodded in politeness while having little idea what I was doing.  Don't worry though, one circuit of the barn at snail pace and as you can see, we made it out in one piece!  I'd recommend it to anyone - list or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment