Friday 29 April 2011

Requiem for the best shoes ever.

I'm sure everyone has at least one pair.  The most comfortable shoes ever.  Before I found mine, I had never been able to wear flipflops (and still can't), walking round any city in any weather left me covered with blisters and after a full day in any pair of shoes I owned, I had to swear them off for at least a week.  My dream pair came from Faith.  I fully expected them to leave my feet the same as all my other Summer shoes but I was soooo pleasantly surprised.  Ever since I bought them I could spend ever day in warm weather in them, whether I was at work, walking for miles on holiday or wearing them for a night out.  For the last five years or so I have worn them for almost six months of the year none stop, pushing my luck until the weather turned too cold for sandals.  Last year, I decided they were really looking worn out and tried to find some more but even though Faith was still open at the time, they didn't have anything like them any more.  As I said, flip flops I have bought since, don't last more than half an hour before they start to hurt, and that's if I'm lucky.  So I have pushed it again this Summer until last Friday...they literally fell apart on the street and I had to hobble back to my flat in one shoe.

So here's a little homage to my favourite shoes and a final photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment