Sunday 8 May 2011

The Saturday Update...on Sunday.

This week's Saturday update comes a little bit late following a hectic day yesterday.  So there's good news - I didn't put on this week, and bad news - I didn't lose either, but at least for now, the yoyoing has stopped.  I was a little disappointed as I was within my points allowance throughout the week but I have to admit that with being back at work this week I had had more points than the week before and managed to fit in less exercise.  Yesterday was unfortunately not the best start to the week as we were at different social events which meant I couldn't count points, but I'm back on my game today and managed to fit in a bike ride both days - yesterday's being my first night ride!

Yesterday was also my first confirmation.  Nico's cousin Alina kindly invited us to the event and we drove to Schneverdingen for the first time!  (We'll be taking the Satnav next time and setting off earlier...that's all I have to say on the matter).  The service was in the same church as the wedding anniversary last month.  I have to say, although I am not religious, I love the sense of community and how close the family are.  It certainly helps combat any homesickness I have to be part of something at these events.

Unfortunately, we had to head off straight after the meal to get back to Bremen for a house party last night and meeting some more of Nico's friends.  Again, this is something I really like, getting out and meeting new people.  There were a lot of teachers so common ground for conversation and it was a really nice evening.  Unfortunately, it proved too long a day in the end and we couldn't stay as long as we would have liked but it was very enjoyable nonetheless.  It did also evoke a hint of flat envy.  The party was held by three couples from three flats in one house and the two I saw were amazingly designed.  I can't wait to get our own new place...let's hope some more new and promising places come up this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment