Wednesday 8 June 2011

Passport Fun



As I mentioned, I received my brand spanking new passport this week - it only took five weeks, arriving just three days after I told them I'm travelling!  Typical...just as well I put a date a month earlier than I needed it.  I could have sent the application back to England and got it quicker. 

To be fair it is lovely, lots of lovely blue pages with pictures of birds on them and a new electronic chip in there.  It should be nice for what it cost really.  The thing is for how much I will use it in ten years, I don't mind paying that money but then the first thing they tell you in the letter and the passport is that it's not even your property!  What's that about?! 

My tips on getting a new passport:
  • Start the application process early.  (I started this at the beginning of January to get mine in June!)
  • Read the passport photo requirements carefully, the last thing you want is a delay because of that.
  • Find someone reliable to countersign your pictures (thanks Mr T)
  • Send the application well in advance of when you actually need to travel and tell them that you are travelling earlier that you are just to be sure, as they seem to ignore this information anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment