Wednesday 1 June 2011

Rediscovering Bremen

This week I am expecting another visit and so will hopefully spend the next four days rediscovering the city again.  I have a couple of new things planned.  First of all, last time we missed out on the English tour of the town hall and in ten months here, I still haven't been so I'm hoping to get that booked in.  

The second is a little curiosity I heard about yesterday and haven't been able to find during my brief research since.  Apparently there is a mouse in the cathedral that the old mason apprentices working on the building had to be able to name the location of in order to pass their apprenticeship.  It's one idea we are throwing around in thinking what to do with year six in project week - how long will it take them to find it?  Apparently though, it is in an area that is often cordoned off from the public so it is highly likely that I may get in some bother (again) this weekend...we will see.  Since the cathedral is manned by older people, I'll risk it.

Here's hoping for some exciting posts over the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment